Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Refund - Day 93


Being in another country it can take a few hits and misses before I have a good handle on which brands and products work best for us.  So, naturally, at times I have had to revert to the good ole' refund in the process.  Ok let's be honest.  Here, I have become a little bit of a "Refund Queen" — much to Brett's dismay. (We actually have a designated refund shelf by the door).

Here is my strategy:  Reason for the return?  (Nothing illegal)  "My husband bought these and I won't use them. " (This is not a lie folks…..Brett usually pays for stuff because I am very often distracted by the tabloids or new products.)  

Tonight I walk in to Whole Foods (one of my hot spots for returns)  with my refund and go through the usual above mentioned strategy. The sweet young girl at customer service smiles at me and says, "You know, lately that is one of the most often used reasons for returns?  Men! They just can't seem to get it right".  Taken aback, I  think to myself while smiling shyly…..have I had that many refunds here???? Did I just create a new category in the refund reasons???  Most of all, have I scarred the poor thing for life??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment