Thursday, November 8, 2012

Some Discrepancies - Day 64




  1.  Exceptional weather has been reigning for the last week.   On Wednesday, for the first time in a while, the fog is refusing to leave,  keeping the morning "freshness" alive.  Needless to say, all I needed to wear for my walk to yoga is a thin long sleeve tee and a thin hoodie.  For me that is practically naked since most of you know, I am frequently cold.  Can you imagine the shock on my face when my yoga teacher welcomes me to class and states with a resigned nod, "….winter is back….sigh  "  I was paralized in my spot.   In my head ----Winter?????  -----Are you serious??  Do you know I am Canadian??   With all the strength I could muster,  I curled up the corners of my mouth , smiled to her and said, "yes, yes it is".  I just couldn't bust her fantasy.  It was plus 13.
  2. Later, walking home from yoga, I notice a woman leaving a store.  She got my attention, looking like a real hippie, more than any I have seen here ( and trust me there are plenty of lovely hippies here). Long long wavy hair,  with natural grey highlights, tiny sized glasses, clothes all layered and loose, topped by a blanket like poncho. And beads - yes,  a true blast from the past. So I am looking left and right to see if I can spot the psychedelic painted bus or a sky blue bug. But here's the thing, she made her way to the street and around to her shiny Lexus SUV.  That was something to see. Wish I could have gotten a picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment