Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Kali - Day 41


My first yoga class in quite a few years and a New Moon - Today unbeknownst to me was Kali Puja - a goddess festival dedicated to the Hindu Goddess KALI.

The essence of our work today, in conjunction with the physical practice of yoga, was Empowerment and the release of anything holding us back.  Time for change…..

If you couldn't see us,  you could definitely hear us,.  We practiced breathing out, tongue sticking out, curling in with a gut wrenching RRRRRRRccchhhhhh  sound.  That was the letting go part.

Balance was also an important aspect of the class as we were letting go, to bring about balance in strength and compassion.
Truly lovely class.





A pleasant surprise indeed,  as I had planned on going to a different studio but at the last moment realized I had the wrong day. Determined I was as I quickly found this class instead at a different location.
I am grateful  and thankful that the universe brought me here for a totally different experience of yoga. 

P.S. Loving the non air-conditioned yoga room with the windows wide open.
P.P.S.  By the way, I was the only one in the class to grab a blanket, put on my socks and long sleeved t-shirt for Shavasana.  It's automatic for me.   Once a Canadian always a Canadian!  

P.P.P.S. Teacher came around with "Love Potion"  essential oil and laid hands on our heads gently massaging our cranium!  Wow! That was fantastic.  A truly beautiful spirit .....

No comments:

Post a Comment