Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day One - Vernon

Early wake up.  Still lots to do.  The car is packed to the gills.


I have seen vehicles in the past that were so stuffed they were bursting  at the seams, and I never understood why people would bring all that junk....well I now understand.  When you are going away from all the many comforts of home for four months, which necessities and comforts do you bring along?

Speaking of which,  I still have not forgiven leaving behind my beloved laundry hanging device.  Brett said there was no way he could see it fitting in the trunk.   Now that I am in the car, on the road, I can see lots of spaces where it would have fit :(

Then later,  I am reminded again as I am waiting to get into Banff National Park,  where a couple on motorcycles with a few bags strapped on the back and have what appears to me like a laundry hanging pole ( white horizontal stick ) attached to the rear of the male biker ????




Otherwise, the drive was a total pleasure.
We are having a good time!

1 comment: