Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Powerful Sniffer - Day 13

While staying in Fort Bragg I was woken up at 2 AM by the smell of Skunk!  What?  A skunk in the middle of the night?  Well city girl here.  I am told they are nocturnal.   This is my favourite place in California staying at a hotel directly on the ocean.  It's always a perfect sleep since we leave the patio door open and can hear the waves.  So I wake Brett up and ask him if he can smell the skunk.  
"No I don't smell anything".  
I know I can smell it.  I then get up to shut the door a little because we do not have a screen and now I worry a skunk can walk into our room.  Finally after 10 min and my nose still full of skunk smell I fall asleep again.  
The next morning as we get into the car and get on the road on our way for breakfast, we see the poor skunk flat out on the pavement.   Let me tell you, that this is at least 40 feet from our room and that we had no window open on the side of the road.  Brett says I have a super sniffer.


NO PICTURES NEEDED 

No comments:

Post a Comment