Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Ups and Downs of Posting a Stamp - Day 14

We needed to mail a letter to Calgary  -   actually we needed to mail it 5 days ago.
This week-end we set out to buy an envelope and a stamp.  No easy feat.  We found envelopes but only in packages of 40 or 50.  Now at home this would be just fine.  Here, it's different.  We are moving into a COZY cottage ( code for tiny ) in three weeks.  Our CAR was already packed to the max  ( as seen in Blog #1 )  plus what we have acquired for every day needs,  shampoo, food, toilet paper, etc,  I am getting really concerned as to how we will transport all of this since our check out time is 10 AM and check in is 4PM.   Brett suggested I live out of the car for 6 hours.   So as you can see every purchase is greatly calculated and even 39 or 49 empty envelopes can be a challenge.


That was the easy part…..

Next searching for a post office.  Good Luck and when we finally found one it was closed for the week-end.  Now we wait until Monday.  OR  maybe  we can buy a stamp at the drugstore!
Enter Walgreens.  Stand in line with at least 10 people before me.  Fine.  Get to counter and ask, "  Do you sell stamps?"  The nice young man behind the counter quickly steps back and puts both hands up and says,  " Ohhhh  Noooooo we don't sell those."  Wait, did I just ask for a dildo?

Upon more research Brett prepares me for my big adventure on Monday,  "When you go in to the post office,  do not be surprised if they are not the most cooperative.  There were many posts on the internet  that say the service can be rude and not easy. "

Well here it is.  I went down the zigzag one lane streets built in 1888  ( here's the proof ) 








down many many steps and down more streets (straight ones this time)













 and made my way to the post office where I waited for at least 5 minutes in a really shabby post office that does not inspire much trust in sending and delivering anything.  But the girls knew what I wanted when I said I wanted to buy an International Stamp  ( I had been told by my friend to say international and not Canada ) .  She asked me what country and then I told her Canada.  Thank you My Lucky Stars

My envelope is now posted  :)






Now back up the  hill…….








No jokes guys, these are really only part of the trek up.  Workout today.... (check)

No comments:

Post a Comment