Friday, September 7, 2012

The Okanagan - Day 2

Well it is summer here!  We reached 30 degrees C.

Decided today that I like Vernon.  It is big enough that I don't feel like I am in a small small town and close enough to the YLW airport.  (I like to live 1/2 hour-ish to an airport )
When I saw Lake Kalamalka today the deal was sealed.  I would like to come back in the winter and spend one month living on the lake.


Really I am serious.  See me checking out real estate......






I wonder if Brett would prefer this one??




Kelowna   -   well not as much love.  To busy and not as nice.



Peach land,  Okanagan Falls, Penticton and Oliver were just lovely.  As an artist, this would be great places to work.






Osoyoos sadly doesn't have as much going on.  We did go for a walk and found a public beach and park that were lovely and peaceful.  Now that would be another great place to get a condo on the beach for on month...





1 comment:

  1. I love the shot with the sign for the wineries! It has the full essence of the south okanagan. The heat, the grapes under the blazing sun, the juxtaposition of the mountains - everything!

    ReplyDelete